Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need an appointment?
Yes, at present, as New York City has embraced the State’s guidelines to help slow the spread of the coronavirus, so have we made every attempt to help assure the safety of both our clients and our staff. We will be observing simple guidelines to ensure same.
- Masks are required to be worn to enter our building
- Your temperature will be taken upon entry to the building’s lobby
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth at all times while visiting our showroom
- You will be asked to wash your hands upon entry to the showroom
- It will be necessary to confirm your appointment before arrival to ensure proper sanitizing of our work and changing areas
- We apologize in advance that we cannot accommodate guests unless they are being fitted or measured for a garment
All of us are likely aware of the CDC and State guidelines that must be followed in order to remain open and continue to suppress the risk of transmission, we are confident that our customers’ experience in our showroom will not be materially affected by these changes.
We are grateful for your patience and flexibility as we work together – with you, our customers – to get to the other side of these exceptional events safely.
How long will it take to have a garment made?
First time tailored clothing clients will require a minimum of three visits.
The first visit is dedicated to cloth selection and a discussion of your preferred style; measurements are also taken at this time. Two more appointments are then recommended for fittings. In all, approximately 8 to 12 weeks will be needed to complete your first bespoke garment. Thereafter, approximately 4 to 8 weeks, depending on your availability and the time of year, are the norm.
Shirt clients will need an initial consultation and fitting, followed by the production of one sample shirt — which we encourage be worn and laundered several times using the clients preferred method. Any required alteration to the pattern is then made. Subsequent shirt orders require 3 to 4 weeks.
- Please note that, owing to current Corona Virus conditions, should you require alterations or repairs on existing garments, each piece must be dry-cleaned before we can commence work. If you have not done this, we will arrange to have pieces dry cleaned at an extra charge
- If shirts require new collars or cuffs, they must be professionally cleaned or laundered before we can accept them for repair
Is a deposit required?
Yes, a non-refundable minimum deposit of 50% is required.
Are off-site appointments available?
Yes, regular trunk shows are held in cities throughout the United States (for a schedule of trunk shows click here). Private appointments at the discretion of the client are also available, for further information, click here.
Are after-care services available?
Yes, we offer a range of in-house maintenance services for every garment we produce, including dry cleaning, reweaving, sponge and press, shirt laundry, and select alterations. We strongly recommend that our clients avail themselves of these services to prolong the life of their garments.